PHP Architect - Development Manager SAAS
PHP - Symfony 3/4 - AWS - Angular
60% Management / 40% Architecture
Tech Lead / Architect and Development Manager (Player / Manager role) required to work on financial SAAS platform which has recently been given significant funding as it looks to release a new SAAS platform over the next 12 months.
Team is split between Swindon (6) and Paddington (3) although the role will be based in Swindon managing the London team remotely.
To start with, your role will primarily focus on the development of this new SAAS platform and supporting our Head of Product in delivery of the product roadmap for the next 12 months. Your time will be split 60% between managing the developers, making sure they have the tools they need, helping the scrum master and product team refine processes, and putting together a delivery plan, with the team, to support the product vision. You will essentially be responsible for how and when the product is delivered.
The rest of the time you will be making architecture and infrastructure decisions for the product as well as helping the team to implement them. For this reason, you should have strong AWS/cloud experience, and be able to make well thought out, and knowledgeable technical decisions while using the expertise within the team. This role is very much hands on in terms of technical detail and development.
- Management of a growing technical team
- Continued technical Architecture/Infrastructure design for our flagship product as the roadmap progresses
- Be the go-to person for technical advice and decisions
- Own the resourcing and recruitment strategy for all developers across the team
- Establish career development plans and oversee the appropriate training, mentoring and coaching for all developers.
- Conduct timely annual performance reviews setting a culture of high performance, ensuring the process cascades to all levels within the department.
- PHP 7.1+ - Symfony 3/4 or equivalent Laravel, Zend etc
- AWS - EC2, S3, SQS, SES 7 DynamoDB
- MySQL / Postgres
- Agile / Kanban, TDD/BDD, CI / CD
- Enterprise distributed cloud application experience
Interested? Please send your cv for a swift response
Keywords: PHP Architect, Technical Architect, Software Development Manager, Head of Architecture, Software architect, AWS, Cloud, SAAS
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'