This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced PHP / API Developer to join a growing software development team to work on a Greenfield SaaS project, REST APIs and web applications.
You will be responsible for scoping, estimating, developing and testing API-centric web-based software and will be heavily involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle - from the initial planning stages to implementation and maintenance.
You will be required to follow best development practices with regards to structuring your code, writing unit tests and writing technical documentation. You will work closely with the Web Development Manager on planning and implementing a Continuous Integration (CI) strategy.
As a senior member of the development team, you will be required to help and mentor the team whilst also performing your own role as a developer. Reporting directly to the Web Development Manager, you will be required to work closely with the project management, design, development and sales teams on a day-to-day basis.
It is imperative that you have excellent PHP knowledge as well as the following.
- University degree in Software Development or a similar technical profile
- Past experience as a hands-on developer in a senior developer role
- Extensive knowledge and experience in scoping, developing and maintaining APIs
- Excellent MVC web applications experience
- Experience writing large complex software from scratch
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience in the practical application of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience of working on consumer-facing high traffic sites
- Good understanding of data security and its application in consumer facing sites
- Attention to detail and able to work to deadlines
- Confidence to present ideas to both colleagues and clients
- Work as part of a team but also independently
- Experience with Vagrant, Symfony, Laravel, Lumen, Twig, AngularJS
- Experience with Amazon AWS services (EC2, RDS and Elastic Beanstalk)
- Experience of developing SaaS solutions
- Experience with Linux server environments
- A thorough, broad, innovative knowledge and understanding of the internet and emerging technologies and standards
- Keep up-to-date with latest trends, innovations, cultures and new technical developments/changes within the industry
This is a great opportunity to work for an established company that has an excellent reputation for producing high-standard work and pushing the boundaries of their industry. Based in Derby, they can offer the opportunity to develop your career in a company that is expanding and growing. In return for your skills and commitment, they offer an excellent salary package and the opportunity to make a difference within an exciting team.
- API development
- Software Development