BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone are recruiting for Pharmacy Technician to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered on the General Pharmaceutical Council register;
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice;
- Recent experience of dispensing medicines and experience of medicine management in a hospital setting (desirable);
- Good organisational and planning skills - able to plan and organise straightforward tasks and programmes, and ensure effective control of pharmaceutical stock;
- Attention to detail – ensure accurate recording of data;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Duties of this role include:
- To support the delivery of an excellent clinical, operational and governance based medicine management service.
- To procure, receipt, top up and distribute medicines to all areas of the hospital in conjunction with the pharmacy team;
- Provide a dispensing service for medicines that may be required;
- Ensure accurate and timely charging;
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks;
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s pharmacy team.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.