BMI Park Hospital in Nottingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
This role is on a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered, as a pharmacy technician on the General Pharmaceutical Council register.
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice).
- Experience in ordering and dispensing medicines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ensure effective control of pharmaceutical stock.
Duties of this role include:
- To support the delivery of an excellent clinical, operational and governance based medicine management service.
- To procure & receipt medicines for the hospital.
- Top up and distribute medicines to all areas of the hospital in conjunction with the pharmacy team.
- Stock management of medicines within the hospital.
- Provide a dispensing service for medicines that may be required.
- Ensure accurate and timely charging.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks.
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s multidisciplinary team
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.