Pharmacy Service Manager
Pharmacy Service Manager
To take overall operational management responsibility for all aspects of OHFT Pharmacy across the trust geography and scope of services. To ensure that these services are organized and managed to fulfil national policy and guidance, provide good value for money, achieve quality, performance and financial targets and meet employment, Health and Safety and governance requirements.
Location: Flexible - Across Oxford
Temporary: Expected to last up to 6 months and maybe longer
Sector: Healthcare - Pharmacy
Pay Rates: £31 paye including holiday pay per hour or £35.65 per hour Umbrella
Working Days and Hours: 37.5 hours per week, likely to be 9am to 5pm
- To provide sound and robust management, leadership, direction and support to staff within the Pharmacy service.
- To manage all devolved budgets and operational matters in the service to ensure that the service provides well organized and cost effective medicines across the Trust.
- Authorize department orders and invoices in line with Trust Standing Financial Instructions.
- To provide management supervision for directly accountable staff and take overall responsibility for ensuring all staff have appraisals and job plans/personal development plans in accordance with trust policy.
- To ensure that individuals are supported with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in partnership with appropriate professional leads.
- To manage any disciplinary or performance situations that arise within the Pharmacy service.
- To ensure that appropriate Policies and Procedures are available within the Trust to support the care, treatment and support of service users and their carers with regard to medicines.
- To work closely with partner organisations (CCGs, other provider trusts etc.) to enable smooth transitions for services users that are referred across organisational boundaries and areas
- To work closely with the Clinical Site Leads to develop close working and co-operation between all the localities to ensure service wide delivery of a high level of care.
- To work with the Service Director/Chief Pharmacist to build relationships with commissioners and spot potential purchasers of specialist mental health pharmacy services and to cost, negotiate and agree contracts.
- To contribute to the development of service plans for Pharmacy.
- In conjunction with the Service Director/Chief Pharmacist be responsible for Clinical Governance and all policies relating to the delivery of the Pharmacy service.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all agreed standards and performance measures are met and that there is a constant thrust for service improvement and risk reduction.
- To maximize income to services through innovation, negotiation for new contracts and have accurate recording and billing for work.
- To work with the Service Director/Chief Pharmacist to negotiate and monitor service level agreements.
- To have overall responsibility for all contractual obligations including commissioned activity and relevant performance targets
- To have overall responsibility for ensuring that data quality and security is in line with trust Policies.
- To work with clinical and professional leads to build and support a culture of providing effectiveevidence based care with regard to medicines.
- To contribute to the management capacity within the directorate. This may include aspects of planning, reporting, governance, acting up,
- Professional Development
- Data Quality
- Service Improvement
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'