The role of The Pharmacy Assistant is to:-
• To assist with the accurate and timely processing and supply of medicines within the prison, following specified procedures.
• To contribute towards the day to day running of the Health Centre by ensuring an efficient and accurate medicines supply process.
• To respond to requests from healthcare staff and prisoners for supplies of medicines, dressings, sundries and appliances required to meet the needs of the prison population.
• To participate in the control and distribution of medicines, both as named patient supplies and as stock within the prison.
• To participate in the filing of prescription kardexes and to generate stock control documentation.
• To contribute towards ensuring the quality of service, environment and equipment meet the specified standards.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WORKING WITHIN A PHARMACEUTICAL SETTING IS REQUIRED.
Informal enquiries please call Denise Allan Clinical Manager or Rosemary Duffy, Healthcare Manager onThe duties of this post require the successful candidate to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme. More information on this scheme can be found at
Application forms and job descriptions are available on the NHS Forth Valley Intranet site or by visiting Alternatively by quoting relevant post title and reference number and e-mailing or by telephoning the recruitment answerline on.
Please note, if we have not contacted you within 6 weeks of the post closing, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
NHS Forth Valley is positive about disabled people and is committed to offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Please contact the Recruitment Office onif there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you with your application and/or interview.
NHS Forth Valley Board aims to improve health and healthcare for the people of Forth Valley. In recent years we celebrated the opening of the new Forth Valley Royal Hospital and we are now embarking on a new and exciting chapter of quality improvement as we continue to design and deliver healthcare services fit for the future, with the launch of our new Healthcare Strategy.
For further information on NHS Forth Valley please visit our website where you will find copies of our Healthcare Strategy and Annual Review.
Closing date: Thursday, 24th January 2019 at 12 noon
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'