BMI Sarum Road Hospital in Winchester is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Pharmacy Assistant to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Completion of, registration for or attending a General Pharmaceutical Council accredited pharmacy assistant’s course.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Able to work independently to support team.
- Experience within a healthcare setting.
Duties of this role include:
- To support the delivery of an excellent clinical, operational and governance based medicine management service.
- Provide a dispensing service for medicines that may be required.
- To procure & receipt medicines for the hospital.
- Ensure accurate and timely charging.
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s pharmacy team.
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal & external stakeholders through continuous improvement activities.
- Compliance with BMI Policies and Procedures relevant to this role, ensuring you are fully aware of your responsibilities within these policies.
- Demonstrate awareness of regulatory requirements, taking appropriate action to ensure these requirements are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with all Infection Prevention and Control policies and procedures understanding your role in the prevention of infection in patients and staff.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job