Type of Apprenticeship: Intermediate Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship
The importance of the Pharmacy Advisor Apprenticeship
We take your Early Career development very seriously here at Boots. We’ve got a long history of running successful apprenticeship programmes and we really want to help you to build on the skills you have already learnt and achieve your full potential. This exciting Pharmacy Advisor Apprenticeship gives you the chance to earn a real wage whilst you continue your education.
What can you expect
This 13 month Pharmacy Advisor Apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to kick start your pharmacy career. You will be in a genuine role from day one and will be making a positive difference to the lives of our patients and customers.
Each and every day we pride ourselves on giving patients the very best care and attention with the services we offer and advice on their healthcare needs. You will be learning how to provide professional and proactive advice to our patients and customers. It’s all about listening and having focussed conversations with them, whilst giving clear, accurate answers to any queries they may have.
This is often a fast paced environment, so team work is key. You will be an active and core member of the pharmacy and healthcare team delivering the technical aspects of safely supplying medicines and you’ll also develop the skills it take to operate a dispensary day to day.
Your duties will include:
- Learning how to tailor conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs
- Working towards delivering the technical aspects of the dispensary whilst ensuring the safe supply of medicines e.g. ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and collection of prescriptions.
- Complying with the legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots.
- Learning how to seek opportunities to engage with GPs and practice teams to provide great care to patients.
- Working towards delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring dispensing losses are minimised.
- Attending mandatory pharmacy advisor apprenticeship training workshops.
What does an apprenticeship entail?
You will be in a genuine job from day one. You‘ll experience a wide mix of learning in the workplace, both on and off-the-job training and the opportunity to practise your new knowledge and skills in a real work environment before progressing to an end point assessment.
This learning time will make up at least 20% of your contracted hours, and be made up of a combination of activities that includes; assignments/projects, e-learning, job shadowing etc. All of which may be led by your assessor-tutor, coach/mentor, line manager, or through independent self-study.
You will receive ongoing guidance and support to help your build your knowledge, skills and behaviours and grow your confidence
How you’ll be rewarded
- Achieve a national recognised qualification
- Build and progress on the skills you have already learnt during your time in education or in other roles
- Receive a competitive training wage in your 1st year, with an attractive increase upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Great opportunities for further career progression
- Market leading pension contributions
- Discretionary Annual bonus
- 30 days including bank holidays with the option to buy more
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Boots staff discount
- Access to our flexible benefits such as cycle to work, private medical insurance, additional holiday purchase, gym discount, dental insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance to name a few!
- Also being on the Pharmacy Advisor Apprenticeship programme allows you to apply for an NUS Card, giving you lots of additional high-street and online discounts
What you’ll need to have
You will need to be aged 16+ when you join us and have no previous experience of working a Pharmacy environment.
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve Maths and English GCSEs at grade C/4 or equivalent or be willing to work towards achieving it as part of your apprenticeship.
You’ll need to be committed to completing the full 13 month programme and in return we will give you all the support and guidance you need.
Our ideal apprentice is someone with a genuine passion for customer care, and who will be a true ambassador for apprenticeships and healthcare in our stores. We are looking for people with friendly personalities who will have the ability to build strong relationships with patients, customers and your team. It’s all about working together as one team to understand individual customer needs and tailor our support and advice appropriately.
This role is important and you will need to have a strong attention to detail, be a natural communicator and have good organisational skills. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and build your confidence and great way to kick start a great career with us.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply online now. We will ask for your details and an up-to-date CV followed by a number of motivational and qualifying questions. We will then send you a link to our online assessment. If you are successful, we’ll book you in for an interview and shop floor assessment at one of our stores. This will be a great opportunity not only for us to meet you but for you to find out more about us and if Boots is right for you.
For further information on this apprenticeship and others, please visit our apprenticeship hub -and-early-careers/apprenticeships/
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'