Cambridge; Highly Competitive Salary
Rutherford Briant have been retained to recruit a Personal Tax Team Manager. The role will be based in Cambridge for a growing firm called BKL.
About the Firm
BKL is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisers which comprises of 23 Partners and 160 team members split over their two offices in Cambridge and North London. The firm has almost doubled in size in the last two years and has exciting plans for future growth looking at focusing on providing a quality service to specialist areas. One of these areas is tax compliance and with a large portfolio, it is seeking to significantly strengthen and develop the personal tax team in both offices.
This is a key role which will manage, motivate and provide training for Supervisors and other team members and act as a technical expert in a particular area/discipline. The role will also assist Tax Consultants in ad-hoc projects. Responsibilities include:
- Look after c.250 clients as agreed with the Tax Partner including large trusts and estates which have newly been brought on board.
- Review and supervise team member’s work providing timely, consistent and constructive feedback on an informal basis and through PDR’s.
- Act as a role model for all team members and delegate responsibility as appropriate.
- Attend courses and development opportunities as identified and apply knowledge learned.
- Ensure team members demonstrate competency using systems correctly providing training as required.
- Assist in recruitment & selection, management and training of team members.
The ideal candidate will be CTA Qualified and immediately available with strong experience in managing a large team, ideally from a medium sized/Top 100 Accountancy firm. Individuals with no qualifications but a vast amount of experience within Personal Tax will also be considered. You will need to provide technical excellence and be regarded as a competent Manager capable of motivating others, designing and managing efficient and effective internal processes suitable for the team.
Essential skills include: Strong Personal Tax experience. The ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with clients. Strong team management, communication and people development skills.
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Rutherford Briant Recruitment
- Accountancy Firm
- Chartered Accountants
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job