Personal Tax Senior / Personal Tax Supervisor
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a fast growing UK Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Tax team and recruit aPersonal Tax Senior/Manager. The firm has an enviable reputation across the East & West Midlands providing a range of Audit, Tax & Accounting services to wealthy individuals, family estates, OMBs and private PLCs. Reporting to one of the Tax Directors, you will be responsible for:
- Dealing with both personal tax compliance and non-complex tax advice/tax projects as required
- Processing personal tax returns/P11Ds by reference to information provided, held on file or from awareness of the clients individual circumstances.
- Dealing with Tax correspondence, telephone calls and arranging meetings with clients/potential clients.
- Dealing with HMRC queries, telephone calls and tax enquiries.
- Managing a varied portfolio of personal tax clients, providing them with detailed breakdowns of their liabilities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Meeting various KPI’s including those for processing tax return information, ensuring compliance with all statutory time limits, sending tax documents out to clients and HMRC
- Liaising with client managers to produce and distribute checklists for P11d completion
- Overseeing some of the tax juniors to ensure timely preparation and distribution of tax return checklist letters and chasing tax returns for submission to HMRC.
- Completing internal reviews of the tax section of accounts files to ensure entries shown in the client accounts are accurate.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of personal tax and related planning issues to ensure all advice given to clients is accurate and appropriate for the specific case.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships to generate referrals to the firms other service lines
- Assisting with the training, developing and mentoring trainees as required.
To be considered for the role you should ideally be an ATT/CTA Qualified (or Qualified By Experience) with at least 3 years personal tax experience with another Accounting Firm or Specialist Tax Boutique. On offer is a salary up to £40/45,000 depending on seniority, with benefits to include holidays, company pension and healthcare schemes. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com. You should be a confident self-starter with good interpersonal skills, have experience of assisting a portfolio of personal tax clients, and working knowledge of CCH would be advantageous.
For other opportunities in Finance / Accounting or Public Practice within London, the Thames Valley & Midlands region, please visit our website at http://www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act
- Tax Planning
- Tax Returns
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'