My client is a leading Accountancy firm, with offices throughout the South West. They are a highly successful and independent business who boast an impressive range of services including accountancy, tax, financial planning and business services. They are experiencing growth currently and this is creating opportunity for new talent to join their business.
This fantastic firm provides a supportive and flexible working environment, with excellent benefits. The management team are highly engaged and supportive allowing for lots of scope for career progression.
We are looking for a professional Tax Senior to join their Exeter office to provide a first class tax service to their Personal Tax clients. This is a full time, permanent role with a salary which is dependent on experience and qualifications. There is also a benefits package and support with professional development.
The main duties of the role include;
- Responsibility for a portfolio of tax cases, including self-employed, partners and directors
- Prepare and submit annual self-assessment tax returns and computations and other sundry HMRC forms on a timely basis (such as CGT, PAYE and Trust submissions, subject to ability)
- Collating and maintaining client information
- Correspond and deal with client enquires in relation to their personal tax issues and liabilities, ensuring any un-resolved issues are referred to the department manager/ engagement Partner; including the initial handling/ identification of both tax planning and tax investigation issues
- Maintain and delivery excellent client service to HMRC, solicitors, other accountancy, law and professional services firms
The successful candidate must have;
- Previous experience in a tax compliance role, at Assistant or Senior level
- Previous experience in accounts and tax computation preparation
- ATT qualified (or part qualified)
- Be fully aware and conversant with compliance standards imposed by the various regulatory authorities for tax and audit
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Exposure to providing a tax advisory service an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office 2010 (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook).
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing firm with huge potential for the future.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.
- Tax Advisory
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"