Our client, a highly respected firm in Guildford seek a Personal Tax Senior, either qualified by ATT/CTA or experience. Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, key areas of responsibility within this Tax Senior role will be to manage their own portfolio of private clients, trusts and partnerships, delivering a high level of client service and producing work in an efficient and effective manner. The role will be to provide a full personal tax compliance and advisory service tailored to the circumstances of each client. The candidate would also be expected to provide adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff.
The candidate would be expected to make a significant contribution towards the success of the team, with potential for progression depending on performance.
Essential requirements must include:-
- Previous work experience gained in a private client/personal tax environment, preferably in practice.
- Well-presented and articulate, with good attention to detail
- Proven experience in managing a busy portfolio
- Proactive and pragmatic approach
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Numerate and strong work ethic
The role will encompass:-
- Dealing with annual Tax Returns for delegated clients
- Liaising with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients
- Involvement in a wide range of personal tax assignments, including tax forecasting, considering residence and domicile status, capital gains tax, planning and enquiry work
- Involvement in ad hoc project work
- Training and supervising junior staff
Salary band of £36,000 - £42,000 has been set by Fletcher George as a guide and will be based on level of qualification and relevant experience.
Based in Guildford the role is commutable from Woking, Leatherhead, Horsham, Epsom, Redhill and surrounding areas.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist acting as an employment agency. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time-scale.
- Tax Advisory
- Tax Planning
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'