Personal Tax Senior
North London c. £30,000 - £35,000 Dependent on experience
Rutherford Briant have been retained to recruit for a Personal Tax Senior for BKL to be based in their fast growing North London Office.
About the Firm
BKL is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisers which comprises of 23 Partners and 160 team members split over their two offices in North London and Cambridge. The firm has almost doubled in size in the last two years and has exciting plans for future growth looking at focusing on providing a quality service to specialist areas. One of these areas is tax compliance and with a large portfolio, it is seeking to significantly strengthen and develop the personal tax team based in its North London office.
The role holder will be working within a growing team and will be responsible for their own portfolio of clients. They will complete tax returns as well as motivating and training junior tax team members. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Personal Tax team in providing compliance and advisory services to a portfolio of clients c.150-250 as agreed by Head of Personal Tax.
- Advise on tax issues where competent to do so, and refer to Supervisor or other relevant Line Manager(s) where appropriate in order to complete all aspects of a tax file.
- Involvement in planning client work including reviewing clients’ affairs for tax planning opportunities.
- Review and supervise Tax Trainee work, where appropriate, providing timely, consistent and constructive feedback on an informal basis.
- Ensure every client, where appropriate, has been advised of measures they can take to reduce their Tax liability.
The ideal candidate will be ATT and CTA Qualified with at least three year's experience within personal tax. Ideally you will be from a Medium sized/Top 100 Accountancy Firm. They will also show good signs of leadership skills developed within previous roles and have a strong desire to develop these.
Essential skills include: Personal Tax return experience. The ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with clients. Strong communication skills and a desire to develop and progress.
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Rutherford Briant Recruitment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job