Personal Tax Senior / Personal Tax Supervisor
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top50 Accounting firm in Central London who are looking for a strong Personal Tax Senior / Supervisor to join their growing team. Reporting to the Tax Director and working within a large team, the role is a personal tax compliance & advisory position that would suit a qualified ACCA/ACA, qualified ATT/CTA tax specialist from another Accounting Firm, specialist Law Firm or Tax Boutique. Key duties include:
• Preparing regular and complex personal tax returns for a variety of company directors, HNWI’s and entrepreneurs (portfolio of around 250 clients)
• Managing various tax advisory projects that include stamp duty land taxes, inheritance tax and capital gains
• Preparing trust accounts and tax returns, non-resident landlord company returns and non-dom/non-resident forms where necessary
• Reviewing personal tax returns in order to provide relevant advisory services, and submitting to HMRC
• Preparation of Inheritance Tax Returns.
• Dealing with queries and assisting tax staff and Partners as necessary
• Dealing with various compliance issues around non-domiciled individuals, residency tests, estates & trust tax and share schemes
• Keeping personal tax clients up to date with progress, advising them of internal deadlines, payment amounts and dates for HMRC
• Reviewing the tax computation work prepared by junior members of staff
• Ensuring all personal tax assignments are completed within agreed budgets
To be considered for the role you should have broad experience in a personal tax role and ideally be used to dealing with a wide variety of taxes - inheritance, land taxes, capital gains, non-residents, EMI schemes, EIS applicants etc. Experience of overseeing junior staff would be preferred, along with being able to manage your own portfolio of tax clients. You should have a strong team work ethic and exceptional relationship building skills, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £45/50,000 with excellent benefits including holidays, pension scheme and flexible benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin @mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Trust Work
- Personal Tax