Personal Tax Manager - TOP40 Accounting Firm
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 UK Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Personal Tax Manager, ideally with some Rural/Agriculture experience to join their growing team in Reading or Newbury. Reporting to the Tax Director, the role would suit a CTA/ATT Qualified Tax professional, STEP member or a Qualified accountant from another Top or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be overseeing a team of junior staff and you must be able to demonstrate strong Personal Tax compliance and advisory skills as you will also be managing your own portfolio. Key duties include:
• Managing a portfolio of rural/agricultural clients, HNWI’s with complex personal and estate tax affairs, ensuring excellent client service
• Assisting on a number of advisory tax projects and technical assignments, in addition to business development opportunities and professional networking
• Preparing accounts for a portfolio of trusts, related trust tax returns and accompanying forms R185 for the beneficiaries
• Preparing IHT returns for rural/agricultural family clients, property trusts at ten year anniversaries and on the occasions of proportionate charges
• Preparing inheritance tax returns for qualifying interest in possession trusts on the occasions of a charge
• Managing junior tax staff including training and appraisals where necessary.
• Supervising the completion of work by junior staff on personal tax assignments
• Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
• Preparing Trust accounts for charitable trusts and undertaking independent examination work where appropriate
• Attending client meetings to ensure clients receive completed compliance & advisory tax work on time.
• Liaising with the assigned Tax Partner to ensure that work is completed within budget
To be considered for the role, you should either be seeking a move to a larger firm, or perhaps currently work within a Top4/Top10 looking for wider responsibilities and being able to work with a broader and more personable client base. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget. A strong understanding of the use of Trusts in family tax planning and succession is required for this role
On offer is a salary up to c£55/60,000 + excellent flexi-benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Accountancy Firm
- Tax Returns
- Personal Tax Planning
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'