Insite is proud to be working with a Top20 UK Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Personal Tax Manager (compliance & advisory) to join their growing team in Hertfordshire. Reporting to the Tax Partner, the role would ideally suit a CTA/ATT Qualified Tax professional, a Qualified accountant or QBE from another Top or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be working with a senior team, managing one direct member of staff and you must be able to demonstrate strong Personal Tax skills as you will be managing your own portfolio. Key duties include:
- Managing a portfolio of HNWI's with some personal and estate tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and supporting the overall development of the office and firm.
- Working on a variety of advisory tax projects and technical assignments, in addition to business development opportunities and professional networking
- Reviewing the completion of work by junior staff on personal tax assignments
- Ensuring the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm's quality standards.
- Managing a small number of charitable trusts and maintaining the Trust database
- Attending client meetings to ensure clients receive completed compliance & advisory tax work on time.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Partner to ensure that work is completed within budget
- Ensuring up to date and an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses in relation to Personal Tax Law
- Researching and suggesting proposals for resolution of technical tax matters, ensuring complex matters are referred to a technical expert
- Corresponding with HMRC and keeping clients up to date of the situation.
- Liaising with partners on matters which may significantly affect the client's tax liabilities
To be considered for the role you should either be seeking a move to a larger firm, or perhaps working within a Top4/Top10 looking for wider responsibility, and the ability to work with a more diverse client base. As a CTA/ATT qualified tax professional with excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new & existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget. You should also possess the ability to see the bigger picture and understand how a particular issue or need fits into the wider clients personal situation.
Do you know a Personal Tax Manager based near High Wycombe, or someone who may be suitable for this role? Should you introduce a candidate to Insite who we subsequently place, we will send you a £250 retail gift voucher!
For more information on this Personal Tax Manager role please either apply directly or contact Anthony Hearn at Insite Public Practice Recruitment. If this role isn't for you but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
- Tax Planning
- Tax Returns
- Personal Tax Planning
- Personal tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job