Personal Tax Manager
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 UK Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior & Personal Tax Manager to join their growing team in Oxford. Reporting to the Tax Director, the roles would ideally suit a CTA/ATT Qualified Tax professional, STEP member or a Qualified accountant from another Top Accountancy practice. You will be overseeing a team of junior staff and you must be able to demonstrate strong Personal Tax compliance and advisory skills as you will also be managing your own portfolio. Key duties include:
- Managing a significant portfolio of high net worth individuals with complex personal and estate tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and supporting the overall development of the office and firm.
- Assisting on a variety of advisory tax projects and technical assignments, in addition to business development opportunities and professional networking
- Managing a small number of junior tax staff including training and appraisals where necessary.
- Supervising the completion of work by junior staff on personal tax assignments
- Ensuring the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Managing a small number of charitable trusts and maintaining the Trust database
- Attending client meetings to ensure clients receive completed compliance & advisory tax work on time.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Partner to ensure that work is completed within budget
- Ensuring up to date and an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses in relation to Personal Tax Law
To be considered for the roles you should either be seeking a move to a larger firm, or perhaps work within a Top4/Top10 looking for wider responsibility, and able to work with a more personable client base. As a CTA/ATT qualified tax professional with excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new & existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £45,000 for the Personal Tax Senior position and up to £60,000 for the Personal Tax Manager position with excellent flexi-benefits along with 25 days holiday, pension scheme & healthcare. To apply for the positions, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Tax Planning
- Personal Tax Planning
- Personal Tax