Personal Tax Manager - Top20 Accounting Firm
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 UK Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Personal Tax Manager (compliance & advisory) to join their growing team in Hertfordshire. Reporting to the Tax Partner, the role would ideally suit a CTA/ATT Qualified Tax professional, a Qualified accountant or QBE from another Top or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be working with a senior team, managing one direct member of staff and you must be able to demonstrate strong Personal Tax skills as you will be managing your own portfolio. Key duties include:
- Managing a portfolio of HNWI’s with some personal and estate tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and supporting the overall development of the office and firm.
- Working on a variety of advisory tax projects and technical assignments, in addition to business development opportunities and professional networking
- Reviewing the completion of work by junior staff on personal tax assignments
- Ensuring the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Managing a small number of charitable trusts and maintaining the Trust database
- Attending client meetings to ensure clients receive completed compliance & advisory tax work on time.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Partner to ensure that work is completed within budget
- Ensuring up to date and an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses in relation to Personal Tax Law
- Researching and suggesting proposals for resolution of technical tax matters, ensuring complex matters are referred to a technical expert
- Corresponding with HMRC and keeping clients up to date of the situation.
- Liaising with partners on matters which may significantly affect the client’s tax liabilities
To be considered for the role you should either be seeking a move to a larger firm, or perhaps working within a Top4/Top10 looking for wider responsibility, and the ability to work with a more diverse client base. As a CTA/ATT qualified tax professional with excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new & existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget. You should also possess the ability to see the bigger picture and understand how a particular issue or need fits into the wider clients personal situation.
On offer is a salary up to £60,000 with excellent flexi-benefits along with 25 days holiday, pension scheme & healthcare. To apply for the positions, or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Tax Planning
- Tax Returns
- Personal Tax Planning
- Personal Tax