Personal Tax Compliance Manager
Our client is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. They support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives their clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. Their fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin their values.
Position: Personal Tax Compliance Manager
Location: South East Midlands Region - Northampton / Kettering / Flitwick
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000 to £42,000 per annum
About the role:
The Personal Tax Compliance Manager will be responsible for the all aspects of the management of the compliance and basic planning work undertaken for clients of the practice on an ad-hoc and annual basis.
- Controlling on an annual basis all tax compliance work and ensuring that all internal, client based, and legislative deadlines are met
- Ensuring that the firm’s standard processes are used in the production of compliance tax work and ensuring that technical standards are maintained
- Management of the tax team and ensure they are engaged and understand the team and business objectives
- Implementation of KPI’s for the compliance team, ensuring these are met as well as achieving your own
- Ensuring that client handling partners and senior managers are kept fully informed on the monthly progress of the work areas you are responsible for
- Write professional letters, reports and other written submissions for review by senior managers / partners for use with clients and other relevant third parties
- Work closely with the Private Client Tax advisory team, spotting any potential opportunities on clients, and you will be responsible for timely completion of the tax return for the Key Account clients
- Taking the lead on Making Tax Digital and supporting a plan to ensure the systems and team are ready
- Expected to achieve a chargeable time percentage of 80% per annum
- Contact clients in connection with non-technical issues such as the collection of debts and be responsible for the review of the tax compliance debtors and WIP
- Supporting judgement and decisions over client service and being able to have difficult conversations with clients on such things as fees, whilst maintaining professionalism at all times
- Seek opportunities to increase client billings and to seek new clients for the practice where possible
- Has a strong leadership style that empowers others to seek out opportunities, come up with opportunities and ultimately be accountable for their own actions and destiny
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement; encouraging others to have ideas and come up with imaginative solutions to difficult problems
- Ambition to succeed with a strong interest in personal development and to use the exciting opportunities and development that comes with the role.
- The Tax Qualification, ATT, is required and CTA would be ideal, but not essential.
You may have experience of the following: Personal Tax Compliance Manager, Tax Manager, Tax Compliance Manager, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Tax Accountant, Financial Accountant, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.