AJ Chambers are representing a well-established, medium-sized firm of chartered accountants who are seeking a Personal Tax Assistant for their office in Central London.
In this role you will work with the Tax Manager and Tax Seniors to provide a full personal tax service to a wide range of clients including company directors, self-employed individuals, high net worth and non-domiciled individuals.
Main duties include:
- Provision of a self-assessment compliance service to include all aspects of personal tax compliance, including partnerships and sole traders
- Employee benefits compliance including preparation of Forms P11D, PAYE coding notices, business expense claims and end of year returns
- Preparing personal tax and capital gains tax returns, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Effectively manage own portfolio of 150 to 200 clients, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Liaise effectively and professionally with clients and officers of HMRC on tax compliance issues and enquiries, ensuring that deadlines are met
- Record time spent on each client’s affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget and raising own bills when required
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as tax webinars/ seminars and CPD updates as necessary
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Tax Department or to provide additional assistance to clients
- Studying for or qualified to ATT standard or equivalent, with 6 months to 2 years personal tax experience
- Good working knowledge of most Personal Tax and some basic Capital Gains Tax matters, including experience of working for self-employed individuals and company directors
- Excellent communication skills, with a good command of written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately, both in person and when using the telephone and email
- Ability to organise self, prioritise and complete tasks on time
- Ability to check for accuracy and give good attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment both with one’s colleagues and with and for the firm’s Managers and Partners
- Good IT skills, including experience of Word, Excel and other Windows based systems and some experience of tax software
For more information on this Personal Tax Assistant role, please contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'