Personal Tax Assistant/Semi-Senior - Central Newark - Permanent - Competitive Salary - Pension - Holiday Buy-Back Scheme - Flexible Working
Personal Tax Assistant/Semi-Senior
Monday - Friday, Full-time
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Our client is looking for a Personal Tax Assistant/Semi-Senior to join their growing team in Newark.The main responsibility is to provide technical support to the department, managing a portfolio of clients under the guidance of the Tax Manager, to complete personal, business and trust tax computations. Undertaking research as required for senior tax staff to aid the provision of specialist tax advice and planning for clients.
- To prepare personal, partnership and trust tax computations under supervision, together with annual tax credit forms and forms P11D
- To carry out research for senior staff undertaking ad-hoc tax projects
- To keep up to date with changes in tax legislation
- When required, to deal effectively with clients and to refer to his/her manager before any advice is given
- To manage their own personal study proactively to improve their knowledge and technical abilities
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their director
- To report to their director promptly any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship, e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- Willing to undertake such training as is deemed necessary in order to carry out their role
- Able to prepare routine personal and partnership tax returns and assist with the preparation of more complex returns
- Aware of the importance of client relationships and their own limitations when speaking to clients
- Possess the IT skills necessary to operate in-house programs and to prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary
- Basic understanding of tax and business issues.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your updated CV, outlining your relevant skills and experience, to Travail Newark.
Travail are operating as an Employment Agency in this instance.