Personal Tax Assistant/Processor - SUPERB ROLE
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing entrepreneurial Accounting Firm who are looking for a Personal Tax Junior/Processor to join their team in Coventry. Reporting to one of the Tax Managers, the role is a personal tax compliance position that would suit a current tax trainee or part-qualified, ideally with some experience from another Accounting Firm, specialist Law Firm or Tax Boutique. The full-time position will work closely with the Client Accounting team and key duties include:
• Assisting with the preparation of basic personal tax/self-assessment returns for self-employed individuals, company directors, family estates and entrepreneurs
• Assisting with various tax compliance projects that include stamp duty land taxes, inheritance tax and capital gains
• Compiling basic figures for personal tax returns and submitting self-assessment tax returns to HMRC
• Keeping personal tax clients up to date with progress on their files, advising them of internal deadlines, payment amounts/dates for HMRC
• Overseeing basic transaction work for review by more senior members of staff
• Liaising with HMRC and clients in relation to any basic tax questions, and managing risk within the business
• Ensuring all personal tax compliance work is completed within agreed budgets
To be considered for the role you should ideally have at least one year’s experience in a personal tax or mixed tax role, and familiarity with a variety of taxes would be useful (e.g. property, savings, inheritance, general income, land taxes, capital gains). Experience of dealing with a small portfolio of personal tax clients would be preferred, and you should have a strong teamwork ethic and relationship building skills, work well under pressure and be able to deliver assignments on time.
On offer is a salary up to £30,000 (depending on relevant experience) with excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, pension scheme, healthcare and flexible benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Tax Returns
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'