We are currently looking for experienced Personal Support Assistants(Care Assistants) to deliver care and support to residents at our St Oswald's Retirement Village in Gloucester. Depending on your QCF/NVQ Qualification the successful Personal Support Assistant(Care Assistant) will be rewarded with £8.01 to £8.54 (Days) and £8.51 to £9.05 (Nights) per hour. We have the following contracts available:
- 2 x 18 hours per week (Night hours)
- Various Day hour contracts available from 16 hours per week
As our Personal Support Assistant you will be to ensure the day to day assistance to elderly residents with due respect for their individual needs and independence. The service you provide must be outcome based with 5 key objectives to enable people to achieve economic well being, be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve and make a positive contribution.
Reporting into a Team Leader the key duties and responsibilities of our Personal Support Assistant(Care Assistant) include:
- Provide all aspects of personal care to residents in accordance with their individual needs
- Promote the physical, emotional and well being of our residents in all aspects of personal care for example dressing, washing, bathing, mobility assistance where necessary.
- Encourage each resident to be as independent as possible in all aspects of living
- Assist in the provision of day care / night care facilities
- Work closely with family and friends and volunteers for the general well being of the resident
- Assist with the day to day housekeeping and laundry duties. Provide a personalised housing related to support service to older people with an assessed need which will help them to remain as independent as possible.
- Develop a good understanding of policies and procedures and complete all statutory and mandatory training as prescribed by ExtraCare
To become a Personal Support Assistant (Care Assistant), we are looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role (Care Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker)
- Qualified at NVQ Level 2 or QCF Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Hardworking, friendly, a good team player and flexible
- An enthusiastic and can do attitude and want to make a difference to peoples lives.
ExtraCare is a registered charity established in 1988 and based in Coventry. Our vision is better lives for older people and our mission is creating sustainable communities that provide homes older people want, lifestyles they can enjoy and care if it’s needed. To deliver our vision and mission we essentially do three things:
· We develop new villages
· We operate villages and schemes
· We support our villages, schemes and our ‘extra-care’ model through fundraising, advocacy and research
Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to our residents, volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. Our Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living at our each of our locations.
This role will be subject to satisfactory DBS check, written references and Home Office right to work clearance.
Apply today for the role of Personal Support Assistant. We look forward to reviewing your application.