Reporting to: Product and Origination Manager
Type: Full Time
Salary: £21,000+ depending on experience
Location: Dalston, London. May occasionally be required to travel within London to meeting and events with introducers.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th April. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible so applications may be reviewed before the closing date.
Fair Financeis a social business with ambitious plans to revolutionise financial services to give everyone a Fair chance. Our vision is to scale our alternative to the high cost lending market and help reduce financial exclusion across the UK.About the role
Fair Business Loans is the business lending arm of Fair Finance which has embraced technology to help financially excluded entrepreneurs across the United Kingdom.
We believe in employing, growing and building around exceptional people who share our values. We will give you the environment where you can genuinely put clients before profits and make a difference in our clients’ lives. We are a growing and diverse organisation full of people who understand the balance between achieving business objectives and our social mission.
As a Business Development Officer you will work remotely, dealing with telephone enquiries from third party introducers and fintech platforms. Alongside the Business Development Manager you will work hard to build long term relationships with introducers, producing regular reports on business referrals, answering any queries they have and ensuring business referrals are quickly and efficiently handled. As part of our communications strategy you will write some business case studies and blogs for our website and newsletter. You will be responsible for our client referral scheme and develop relationships with existing clients to support their future funding needs.
You will be working alongside a team of experienced business lending professionals, gaining a wealth of industry knowledge to ensure personal growth.
- Proactively guide business customers through our application process and ensure we exceed their expectations, effectively addressing customer concerns and issues.
- Work alongside our Business Development Manager to ensure our third party introducers receive a professional and efficient service. Check that we have all the necessary documents and correspond with the introducers when needed.
- Be the customer champion, work closely with the Customer Service Team to deal with enquiries from clients.
- Review financial data, market information and company status to support our Business Relationship Managers in establishing the credit-worthiness of individuals and the businesses
- Write client case studies and blogs.
- Provide cover to other team members and use your experience to ensure consistency in work processes.
- A strong background in customer service, preferably within consumer or business lending.
- Experience in handling a large volume of customers and dealing with a range of different people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of building successful customer relationships both on the phone and face to face.
- Strong commercial awareness and demonstrate integrity and ethical judgement, understanding the importance of ethical and responsible decisions to support our business and our clients whilst demonstrating a passion for Fair Finance and our social mission.
- A quick, practical brain, always looking to resolve problems and find creative ways to improve our service.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing needs, and be able to demonstrate delivering results under pressure.
- A related degree or equivalent qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- Strong Excel skills.
- We believe in employing, growing and building around exceptional people who share our values
- We will give you the environment where you can genuinely put clients before profits and make a difference in our clients’ lives
- We are a growing and diverse organisation full of people who understand the balance between achieving business objectives and our social mission
- Our Head Office is in a shared workspace in Dalston, housing more then 300 creative businesses, social enterprises and charities
- Your annual holiday entitlement will be 20 days in addition to public holidays; we also close between Christmas and New Year and close the office early on Fridays in August; 3% matching contribution towards a stakeholder pension
Application is by CV and covering letter ONLY
- Customer Service
- Management Skills