Our client is a well-established independent brokerage based in Warwickshire.
This reputable and client focused company are currently looking to recruit a Team Leader with experience in Personal Lines insurance.
This role will involve spending around 80% of your time on High Net Worth renewals and 20% producing new business from networking, signing up Introducers, working on own leads and those provided by the Company.
The role also includes supervising/managing 1 other member of staff.
Salary Up to £25k with potential bonus on top.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To direct and manage the day-to-day activities of the team including the apportionment of work load, staff supervision and adherence with Broking Procedures.
- To work within the team providing assistance to clients.
- To support the New Business teams as required (Commercial & Schemes).
- To develop and secure new personal lines accounts in line with business development plans (Personal Lines)
- To supervise the day-to-day activities of the team, including apportionment of workloads and monitoring work flow.
- To be the staff referral point for technical, underwriting, procedural matters, complaints and HR issues affecting team members.
- To ensure the team operates in accordance with our clients Broking procedures.
- To continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience.
- To work in a manner consistent with a regulated environment and FCA rules.
- To work towards individual and departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- To undertake Continuous Professional Development and comply with the Group Training and Competence procedures.
To provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to:
- Professionally handling incoming requests from customers and ensuring that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Receiving, documenting and resolving customer complaints.
- Troubleshooting customer issues over the telephone.
- Handling payments and refunds for clients.
- Providing advice to clients on the range of products offered by the department.
- Identifying and acting upon sales opportunities presented by incoming calls or visitors.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gathering customer information, accessing and fulfilling customer needs, educating the customer, where applicable, to prevent the need for future contacts and documenting interactions through thorough note-taking.
- Using automated information systems to analyse the customer’s situation.
- Maintaining a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making.
- Handling issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Making claim referrals (first advice) to Insurer claims department (Schemes).
- Taking responsibility for credit control in terms of pursuing client money owing.
- Carrying out general administration including, mid-term adjustments, and renewals.
- Responsibility for compiling and generating reports as they relate to customer service surveys.
- Liaising with insurer account managers on issues affecting the team.
To manage team members in the following areas:
- To conduct the induction process and follow-up on the agreed action points.
- To conduct appraisals in accordance with the company procedure and follow-up on the agreed objectives.
- To assess, arrange and evaluate the training and development needs of staff.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of staff.
- To conduct disciplinary and grievance hearings as required in accordance with the company procedures.
- To ensure staff adhere to company policies and procedures.
- To travel to client bases, insurers’ premises and other external meetings as required.
- To undertake all other duties as reasonably required and directed.
- Staff Supervision
- Personal Lines