Our client is looking to recruit a Personal Insolvency Administrator with experience of both bankruptcies and IVAs based at their Leeds office.
Our client is an established independent insolvency and business advisor based in West Yorkshire.
The Personal Insolvency Administrator will manage a portfolio of bankruptcy and IVA cases and report into both Manager and Partner. The successful candidate must have bankruptcy and pre & post IVA experience focusing on non-consumer IVA's. The role will be 20% bankruptcy and 80% IVA.
Candidates with corporate experience would be considered.
- Plan, control and pro-actively manage a portfolio of personal insolvency cases ensuring the portfolio of cases are progressed on a timely basis and are compliant with statute
- Draft / Review necessary reports to secured creditors/creditors’ committees/creditors and the Court
- Deal with and adjudicate on claims that are secured, preferential and unsecured
- Carry out necessary investigation procedures and identify the appropriate time to seek legal advice
- Dealing with solicitors by phone, email and correspondence, dealing with technical issues, advice and possible solutions and propose appropriate courses of action to the Manager and Partner
- Preparation of documentation for meetings
- Maximising asset realisations and ensuring recoveries are pursued in a pro-active and cost effective way
- Complete and review appropriate banking and cheque request forms in order to ensure that estate monies are handled and dealt with correctly
- Complete VAT returns and reclaims
- Liaise with professional agents
- Production of good quality reports and letters
- Monitoring, maintenance and up-dating of diary system - in a timely manner
- Monitoring of costs to ensure that time charges and fees are proportionate and drawn at appropriate stages, in accordance with resolutions passed by creditors
- Deal with day to day correspondence, including non-standard items
- Adhere to statutory compliance and current legislation (Insolvency Act), best practice and the firms policies and procedures
- Attend and assist at meetings both in and out of the office when required
Key attributes and Qualification
- Experience of working in Insolvency
- Excellent Technical Skills - IVAs and Bankruptcy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal together with a Professional manner including good interpersonal, telephone and letter writing skills
- Effective use of IT including Excel, Word & Outlook
- Excellent report writing skills. Maintains high professional standards of conduct and practice
- Able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively whilst being flexible
- Ability to anticipate and communicate problems with possible solutions to others in the team
- Take responsibility for work tasks and quality of the portfolio of cases, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Keeps case Manager and Partner updated on progress and highlights potential issues
- Show enthusiasm and commitment to progressing cases, building rapport with peers internally and externally
- CPI would be an advantage, but not essential
Salary package is £18k - £25k dependent upon the experience and qualifications the candidate can bring.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job