Personal Injury - Complex Claims - Assistant Claims Handler
Do you have experience in Multi Track Personal Injury? Is client care at the heart of all you do? If so, this could be your next role!
About the Role
The Complex Claims department services the most vulnerable of our clients, often with life changing injuries. As a team we work together to achieve the best outcome for each of our client's and make a different to their lives.
In this role you can expect to support the Associate/ lead Claims Handler/ Solicitor on a small caseload, ensuring that case plans are progressed and adhered to. Acting as a pivotal point of contact for the clients, experts and counsel you will need to have an excellent understanding of each of the cases. You may also have the opportunity to manage your own small caseload, under supervision.
Daily duties will include:
- Ensure a full working knowledge of all cases being handled by the lead Claims Handler, including the key areas of dispute and any actions planned to resolve them.
- Regular communication and face to face meetings with the clients.
- Instructions and meetings with a multi-disciplinary team of experts for example, medical experts, case managers, care experts, architects, forensic accountants, counsel.
- Drafting documents including statements, pleadings, and schedules of loss.
- Maintain and update the case management system.
- Liaise with Finance regarding the payment of disbursements, outstanding accounts etc.
- Raising awareness of the department and developing your professional profile. We have close links with APIL, Headway, and SIA, you will be involved in supporting these organisations with networking and business development. For example, reporting cases, preparing articles and testimonials.
Ideally you will be Grade C qualified solicitor or Fellow of CILEx, or have equivalent experience in a similar Personal Injury role. You'll have strong communication skills and will be an excellent negotiator with good objection handling skills.
It is essential that you have experience assisting with or managing a caseload of Multi Track Personal Injury cases, ideally to include cases involving brain, spinal and multi fracture injuries. You will have a customer centric approach to your work and be committed to achieving the right outcome for each of our clients.
Minster Law are personal injury specialists with specific expertise in accidents involving a vehicle or on a motorcycle. We continually strive to deliver the best support and results for our clients and partners by taking learnings from inside and outside of the legal industry and implementing them in creative and innovative ways.
Our people are united in their ambition to do the best for every client regardless of severity of injury and level of support needed. The service we provide builds trust with our clients who know they can rely on us when they need us most.
About our Benefits
In addition to the salary of GBP 30,500 - GBP 37,500 and all of the usual benefits (pension, life assurance, PMI, 25-30 days holiday), we understand that it's the small things that make people feel appreciated. So our benefits package also includes:
* Up to 20% bonus based on individual contribution
* Health Care Cash plan covering health and wellbeing costs
* Quarterly Megadraw where you can win some fantastic prizes
* Free fruit and at desk massages
* Competitive colleague referral schemes
If you think you have the skills and experience for this role, don't delay and apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job