Personal Injury Claims Handler
£22,000 - £28,000 PA DOE
- Excellent training
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Subsidised Healthcare Cover
- Excellent facilities & convenient city centre location
Our client offers various insurance products to consumers; their aim is to keep the quality of service high and prices low through new innovative ideas which set them aside from their competitors. Since they were established over 10 years ago they have become one of the most dynamic and fastest growing insurers in the market.
As a Claims Specialist you will be responsible for dealing with all aspects of third party claims handling, including Personal Injury in order to prevent litigation of motor claims. You will pursue uninsured losses for the customer, mitigate losses, negotiate and control costs, and act as a referral point for Advisors.
- Influence the third party in settling the claim in the most efficient way
- Handle and process TP and Personal Injury claims accurately and efficiently
- Ensure the claim details are checked for possible fraud/Large Loss indicators
- Convert third parties to use a specified network of repairers
- Keep third party hire costs to a minimum.
- Process credits hire claims accurately and efficiently
- Handle and manage the individual caseload to achieve the settlement ratio.
- Ask probing questions and ensure information is recorded accurately.
- Ensure tight diary deadlines are kept where the third party is in a hire car
- Set task in line with diary procedures whilst ensuring there are no outstanding diaries
- Check and confirm credit hire claims to negotiate settlement terms as appropriate
- Experience within Motor / PI Claims handling.
- Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English - Grade C and above
- Legal framework (Financial Ombudsman Service rulings and recent case law)
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Regulatory compliance.