We are pleased to be working with an award winning client requiring a Personal Injury Claims Handler to join their expanding team! The role is initially a fixed term contract until October. Although opportunities regularly arise for permanent roles
Reporting to the Claims Team Leader, the Senior/Claims Technician is responsible for the day to day management of a claims portfolio.
• Review and respond where necessary to all claims correspondence received relating to files (letters, emails, faxes and telephone messages) to ensure that all tasks are actioned in a timely fashion and within specific authority limits.
• Ensure an accurate reserve is held against the claim in accordance with the reserving policy.
• Accountable for maintaining own caseload, dealing competently with all heads of claim.
• Act as an appropriate referral point where required.
• Produce all cheques in accordance with your cheque authority limit whilst ensuring that the cheque requisition process is adhered to.
• Escalate all queries beyond your technical and/or authority levels to your specific team referral point.
• Ensure that all relevant cases are highlighted to the large loss panel in good time and updated as and when appropriate.
• Notify insurers of any serious incidents in accordance with their reporting criteria.
• Ensure that the diary system is used appropriately and consistently.
• Be vigilant at all times, ensuring that all potentially fraudulent claims are detected at the earliest possible stages.
• Ensure that all third party total loss claims are entered into M.I.A.F.T.R. (Motor Insurance Anti Fraud and Theft Register).
• Undertake proper checks on all claims files before authorising payments to ensure the cheques are appropriate and correct.
• Ensure all claims are dealt with in accordance with the current legal process/guidelines.
• Audit designated claim files as directed by the Technical Claims Manager / Claims Team Leader.
• Keep up to date with legal updates and legislative changes.
• Experience working in a high volume motor/casualty claims handling environment is preferred.
• Team player but works well on own initiative
• Assimilates information quickly, not afraid to ask questions.
• Good communication and organisational skills • Intuitive problem solver
• Demonstrable ability to listen, empathise and engage with internal and external customers
• Excellent telephone manner
• IT Literate
• Relevant professional qualification preferred but not essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job