Our client are a leading insurer seeking a personal injury claims handler to join their team at their Manchester office. The successful candidate will gain guaranteed career progression, a competitive salary and a place within a friendly, strong and successful team of claims handlers.
So What Will You be Doing?
The Personal Injury Team aim to proactively resolve cases involving Third Party injury in a professional and competent manner. The claims handling can be complex, is pro-active and customer focused in order to achieve cost efficient settlements and to maximise savings.
- Using evidence and knowledge, they are required to make an informed decision on both liability and quantum ensuring that we meet the customer’s and company’s expectations to achieve the best possible settlement.
- To drive for results, we look to make decisions in relation to both liability and quantum in an efficient manner, to achieve settlement within the current KPI’s.
- In addition, the Team pursue recoveries on claims where liability is disputed and pursues customer’s uninsured losses.
- Third Party injuries currently accounts for approximately one-third of the overall claims spend. It is the area of highest claims inflation and the cases will therefore require a high degree of management and control.
- The area in general is a changing environment with new legal precedents/statutes being regularly introduced.
What You Will Need:-
- It is essential that the jobholder has an extensive knowledge of general claims handling, and Personal Injury file handling, ideally within the insurance industry.
- You must demonstrate a good understanding of the RTA/MIB and legislation relevant to road traffic accidents and injury claims.
- You will also be able to demonstrate a successful track record of managing a team of people to achieve a high level of performance.
- Front line customer support in a target driven role.
- Influencing and negotiating, in particular objections resolution.
- Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level (Maths and English - Grade C and above) or equivalent. (Attained IFC Level 1 or show a willingness to study).
- Computer skills (including the Internet).
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Regulatory Compliance.
- Knowledge of Claims processes and systems.
- Awareness of fraud/Large Loss indicators.
- Self-motivated whilst having the ability to work as part of a team.
- Personal Injury
- Claims Handling
- Third Party Claims