QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
The Claims team has been built to meet the evolving needs of our business and our customers. The team is a formidable force for QBE, comprising over five hundred people spread across multiple locations within UK and the rest of Europe, and reflecting the diversity and strength of the region. Handling over 200,000 claims a year, QBE has built a reputation for excellence within the market and is widely recognised for its technical expertise
You will be responsible for handling a dedicated caseload of claims including all aspects of Third Party claims including personal injury up to a value of £100K, liability disputes, accidental damage within specified customer service standards and authority levels
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately triaging and managing claim files through to settlement, prioritising new and existing work appropriately.
- Enthusiastically seeking to establish liability and indemnity on all claims
- Delivering a world class service to customers
- Understand the nature of Personal injury claims, MOJ, CPR and CRU.
- Handling all claims competently to ensure that they are adequately reserved and settled as economically and fairly as possible
- Develop and maintain an in depth knowledge of legal & regulatory matters.
- Producing ad-hoc claims reports for stakeholders as required
- Being part of a market-leading claims team with a focus on quality customer service
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following qualities and abilities:
- Experience of handling motor claims involving liability disputes and personal injury claims.
- Developed investigation and negotiation skills
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to organise workload, under pressure, whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong organisational skills
- Comfortable with manipulating data and producing reports
- A strong team player
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
- Commercial Claims
- Commercial Lines
- Personal Injury
- Claims Handling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job