If so, this could be the job for you.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to join our dedicated team caring for a young gentleman with an acquired brain injury in his own home the Wotton area of the Isle of Wight.
In this role we have Full/part time and bank hours available covering short and long day shifts from 07:45-14:45, 07:45-19:45, and sleep in nights from 19:45-07:45.
All You will receive full client specific training, shadow shifts, free DBS check and uniform, and full support from our amazing team on the Isle of Wight.
For this role you must be 25 or older (due to insurance requirements), preferably with a clean driving licence.What can you expect from your caring role?
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will be providing life-enhancing care to our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes.
Changing the life of another person is an incredible feeling and it is completely within your grasp. Your responsibilities could include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live as independently as possible, in line with their personalised care plan.What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £15.00/hr for weekends and £14.50 for weekdays, inclusive of holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 6 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Flexi Pay
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Client specific inductions
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes provided by Newcross. Want to enhance your clinical knowledge? Why not enrol on a Newcross course in PEG, Tracheostomy, Epilepsy and medication delivery? Or gain experience caring for those with spinal and brain injuries or neurodegenerative conditions.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of national vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ covering a wide variety of levels and subjects.Why should you join Newcross?
At Newcross, we don't believe in 'zero hours.' All of our home care staff have minimum 20 hours per week guaranteed (or 1040 per year) in their contracts, and rotas organised up to 6 weeks in advance, offering the security of a steady income with flexibility to choose your own hours - so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.
Flexi Pay- with our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForecGo app you acn decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Your local Team
Our expert healthcare team on the Island is growing as clients experience the difference that the Newcross standard of care can make.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- personal care
- care assistant
- Home care
- complex care
- care at home
- care agency
- isle of wight complex care
- personal assistant isle of wight
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'