About the role
An exceptional Personal/Business Assistant is required by two directors based in a central Bristol office of a Professional Services Firm.
Our Client with over 20 offices in the UK is seeking an exceptional Assistant to join the team. They’re proud of being forward thinking, agile and the best at what they do. As a consultancy, they are integral to driving change, diversity and progression within their sector.
A typical week could involve:
- Attending a senior management meeting in another UK office - minute taking and logistics
- Producing a high-end internal communication in InDesign - design, copy writing and review
- Engaging with, and building relationships with internal stakeholders to drive the strategy
- Supporting delivery of a large bid / tender
- Full diary management, travel and meeting arrangements
The secretarial aspects of this role whilst key form a very small part of it and you will be able to deliver with them your eyes closed…
- Managing ever-changing diaries and conflicting commitments
- Screening and replying to high volume emails, minute-taking and organising travel arrangements
- Preparing a variety of documents and presentations
- You are a very proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the confidence and knowledge to problem solve and trouble shoot
The real value you will bring is by working closely with these directors to understand their personal and business unit priorities and commitments.
- You consider yourself perceptive; absorbing information and seeking opportunity for action, for improvement and for change
- Your proactive attitude ensures you deliver what is required, before it is requested
- You always focus on the solutions - not the problems, and your knowledge of a business and the relationships you build internally will support your ability to stay ahead of the game and take the lead on non-principal tasks
- When others falter you have the confidence and motivation to get projects and tasks over the finish line
- You must be able to work independently and with little supervision - self-motivation is key
- You must have a proven record being efficient and effective, managing your own workload and priorities.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are willing to contribute to discussion; you are resilient and approach most situations with pragmatism and a sense of humour
- You have a creative flair (preferably with some experience of desk top publishing) and understand the need to produce the highest possible quality of document; whether an internal communication, client presentation or tender - the devil is always in the detail!
- You are confident and comfortable attending Senior Leadership meetings, with the flexibility and willingness to travel regularly in the UK - this may involve occasional overnight stays (ideally you have knowledge of the wider UK, but particularly London)
- You have worked in a corporate environment before, possibly for a global business and you understand the principles of consultancy and fee earning
- You understand the challenges of working within a big business and this doesn’t faze you.