Our client is an International Banking that is looking to hire a Personal Banker to join their team in Manchester Branch;
To assist the branch in meeting its sales objectives by delivering 1class customer care to existing clients and by the acquisition, and retention of new clients by developing and strengthening new clients' relationships.
- Identifies and pursues sales opportunities through client referrals, bank's internal networks, corporate relationships, and personal network.
- Delivers superior customer service, promptly handling all calls and emails received; fosters strong customer relations and actively promotes the bank as the preferred provider of banking services.
- Establishes and maintains the highest level of customer care and delivery standards ensuring customer queries and complaints are addressed in a prompt and amenable manner and where applicable, directed to the relevant department on the client's behalf.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to cross-sell products and services to existing clients, through regular telephone &/or face to face contact and on-going relationship building.
- Fosters and maintains a welcoming, professional and service oriented atmosphere within the banking hall.
- To support the branch's business development initiatives by promoting and attending business development and sales events.
- To process 'new account' applications including NRI, postal service and other miscellaneous service requests.
- Preparation of DCS for service requests.
- To prepare AML Risk Matrix and checklists for account opening.
- Responsible for logging and maintenance of postal register.
- Designated as cover for the alternate Personal Banker position as and when required.
- Responsible for operating cash and attending to customers and maintenance of the cash register, ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the bank.
- Responsible for processing of Remittances.
- Responsible for the maintenance of AML format for Cash of more than £9000 on a daily basis.
- Responsible for dispatching cheques for remittances.
- Responsible for providing cover for clerical staff as and when required.
- Undertakes any other responsibility as delegated by the Area Branch Manager or so designated senior officer.
- Excellent Networking skills.
- Excellent Sales Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Retail Sales experience.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport; be friendly and personable and looks for ways to benefit the customer's financial relationship.
- Excellent customer contact skills; comfortable asking questions/interviewing customers about their financial situation; strong listening skills.
- Understands how to present features, and benefits of products and services to customers with differing needs.
- Works closely with all the stakeholders in the branch and be an active member of the branch jigsaw.
- Will be involved in the external activities such as customer visits, business events, and corporate visits.
- Reporting directly to Area Branch Manager but will work closely with BDMØ & Head of Sales.
- Reports to the Area Branch Manager.
- Identifies and develops opportunities; innovates and make things happen.
- Self-driven and self-reliant - set aims and targets, and leads by example.
- Results oriented.
- Self-assured and confident.
- Prior experience in a similar role would be advantageous.