Personal Banker - Full Time - Croydon
Grow with a company that puts customers first
There's never been a better time to work at Santander. Our goal is to become one of the best banks in the world to work for. When you join us as a Personal Banker, you'll be joining a company that's focused on making things simple, personal and fair for both our customers, and our colleagues.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Personal Banker your main responsibilities will be
- Making banking simple, personal and fair, by offering straightforward services, supported by a great range of products
- Putting our customers first to provide a great service every time
- To provide customers with impartial informed guidance on our full range of products and services available to them
- Building meaningful relationships with our customers, and working with colleagues to look after their day-to-day and long-term needs
- Identifying ways to improve our overall customer journey
- Working shift pattern: Monday-Saturday 35 hours/week
Minimum skills and experience required
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- The motivation to deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Ability to work proactively and manage workload effectively
- Proven experience of performing in a goal orientated environment working towards own and team deliverables.
- Experience in a customer-focused environment
- The ability to work well as part of a high-performing team
- Strong numerical and computer skills, to work in a highly regulated environment
Salary is £17,745 - £21,000 basic.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover.
- Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes -be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.