We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Durham for their search for a Personal Assistant. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start in April 2018 to cover maternity leave for 12 months.
- Provision of a comprehensive, efficient and confidential personal assistant service to the Chief Executive/Director.
- Act as the key contact for the Chief Executive/Director to ensure that business needs are prioritised and managed effectively.
- Maintain and administer an electronic diary on behalf of the Chief Executive Director to arrange appointments and meetings.
- Monitor email inboxes in a confidential and sensitive manner to ensure important matters are advised, actioned or delegated as appropriate.
- Receive and welcome visitors.
- Maintain electronic and manual filing/retrieval systems, in accordance with the clients document and records management policy.
- Produce documents, reports, letters, presentations etc. from copy, dictation and audio, including the production and updating of spreadsheets and presentations.
- Provide clerical and administrative support for meetings as required including the organisation of the meeting, booking of venues, co-ordinating papers and taking minutes/actions.
- Co-ordinate responses to letters/correspondence and to website/intranet feedback queries including processing mail on behalf of the Chief Executive/Director.
- Answer/deal with telephone and personal enquiries from a wide range of contacts regarding a variety of issues;
- Monitor and chase up progress of tasks on behalf of the Chief Executive/Director arising from meetings, correspondence and phone calls.
- Undertake research and manage small projects.
- Co-ordinate the submission of reports and documents within specified timescales and protocols.
- Arrange travel and hospitality requirements.
- Participate in appropriate training initiatives as and when required.
- Planning, prioritisation and co-ordination of own/team work.
- Work closely with the other Personal Assistants, including providing holiday cover, to ensure an appropriate level of support is always available to the Senior Management Team.
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Experience of working as a personal assistant at a senior level.
- Experience of organising and supporting meetings.
- Experience of working flexibly and under pressure, to tight deadlines in a fast changing environment.
- Excellent ICT skills including: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SharePoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and keen attention
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work on own using initiative and as part of a team.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Political sensitive.
- Flexible approach to work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job