Job Purpose: I am an outgoing lady with cerebral palsy and mild epilepsy. I require support to live independently in my own home.
Location: Mundesley, Norfolk
I require support to cook an evening meal and with a few household tasks, such as hygiene cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, vacuuming and laundry. I would like you to drive me in my Motability vehicle, and support me to go shopping, to appointments, to Norwich, to a café for lunch etc, and to attend various social activities a few evenings per month. I require support with some aspects of dressing. I may need you to assist me in the event of a seizure, for which guidance will be provided. Your role will also include filling my dosset box to enable me to take my medication independently.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Clean driving licence
- Female due to personal care
- Good sense of humour
- Some IT skills
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £7.50 per hour.
- The pay will be twice the normal rate(s) for work carried out on a bank holiday.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: Two PAs to share 22 flexible hours per week over 6 days (not Saturday) to include a few evenings per month. Hours to be discussed in more detail at interview.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 2 months.