PA to Divisional Director- based in Lytham, up to £20,000 per annum (based upon experience)
Do you want to work alongside a dedicated and successful team?
To act as the Personal Assistant to the Divisional DIrector providing a high level of secretarial support whilst at the same time assisting the Veterinary Division as required
- provide administrative support to the DD with extensive use of all Microsoft Office Packages with particular emphasis on Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- manage the DDs diary in Outlook but also preparing a weekly sheet of appointments updating daily
- Supply two months forward calendars to the Group Chairman on a monthly basis
- first point of contact for all telephone enquiries for DD
- other ad-hoc tasks as requested by the DD
- assist in the planning and booking of business trips including meetings, flights and hotels
- take accurate meeting notes as required by the DD and ensure prompt circulation to those necessary
- raise POs as required ensuring all paperwork is in order as specified in appropriate SOPs
- provide a weekly update of actions to be completed and ensure the information is provided to the relevant parties
- Help manage the HR function for the VetPlus International Team
offer Letters & Contracts of Employment
- in conjunction with the RM prepare offer packs for all new starters to include offer letter, contract of employment, job description and company handbook
- advise line manager’s when probationary reviews are due and issue new contracts if necessary
attendance management and holidays
- ensure all staff follow the company procedures relating to sickness, appointments and holidays on the Time & Attendance system.
- advise accounts department of any pay deductions or holidays etc to ensure correct payment of salaries
- advise managers of any excessive sickness or appointments and highlighted to DD and dealt with accordingly
- liaise with managers regarding any long-term sickness
- update all changes to personal details on the system and where applicable team members are informed
- maintain the personnel files of all staff, ensuring all letters/memos and appraisal forms are added
employee handbook and policies
- act as point of contact to managers and staff relating to all personnel matter
- in conjunction with the LAM, advise line managers on employment legislation, policies and procedures
- in conjunction with the LAM continually review and update the handbook in line with changes in legislation and employment practices
- obtain sales out and stock figures from all distributors by the 10th of each month and send to DD, BDMs and RSMs in line with the SOP
- provide secretarial support to other members of the VPI Management Team as required
- ensure all correspondence sent out, whether internal or external, is prepared in the correct format
- check databases and then prepare mailmerge mailings as and when required
- help organise if requested international travel for VPI employees to ensure costs are kept to a minimum and in line with the company expenses policy
- provide support to the VetPlus office team
- prepare all annual bonus letters
- in conjunction with the DD co-ordinate all annual appraisals ensure that a copy signed by both the Line Manager and Employee is returned for the Personnel file
- prepare any ad-hoc letters for members of staff
- Previous working experience within a similar role
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal and good IT skills.
- Interest in International business
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are ten limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
Apply online for immediate consideration.
- Administrative Support