To provide effective and comprehensive PA support to the Hospital Manager.
To act as line manager to a team of three Clinical Administrators.
Main duties and responsibilities
– To provide an extensive and high standard of PA support to the Hospital Manager.
– To understand and demonstrate the appropriate need for discretion, confidentiality and professionalism in dealing with a range of sensitive issues.
– To manage and maintain the Hospital Manager’s electronic diary, ensuring effective time management.
– To arrange regular and ad hoc meetings, ensuring that appropriate venues, equipment and refreshments are sourced / requested.
– To service a range of regular and ad hoc committees and meetings, including taking and circulating accurate and comprehensive minutes and action plans.
– To establish and maintain good working relationships with internal colleagues and external professionals.
– To liaise with outside agencies, e.g. solicitors, the Ministry of Justice and NHS England.
– To prepare high quality reports and data for the attention of both internal and external stakeholders.
– To deal with routine correspondence for the Hospital Manager as appropriate and using own initiative.
– To deal with a range of enquiries, providing information and directing and prioritising queries as appropriate.
– To support the Hospital Manager in arranging and recording appraisals for the senior management team.
– To ensure that the HR & Training departments receive timely information re: the senior management team.
– To ensure that all hospital staff members receive regular updates re: service developments, team briefings, policies and other pertinent issues.
– To carry out other routine administrative tasks including scanning, photocopying and faxing information.
– To maintain effective manual and computerised filing systems.
– To lead on recruitment and selection, training and performance appraisal for the clinical administration team.
– To provide leadership and guidance to the Clinical Administrators with regard to their designated workload, performance and absence management and staff welfare.
– To ensure that effective cover arrangements are in place and communicated in times of absence within the clinical administration team.
– To review new ways of working to ensure that the clinical administration team remains efficient and meets service needs.
– To ensure that the Clinical Administrators demonstrate the appropriate need for discretion, confidentiality and professionalism.
– In conjunction with line manager, identify and prioritise own developmental needs.
– To maintain own PDP.
– To identify relevant training needs.
– To participate in supervision.
The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake duties as directed by the General Manager that are within the competence of the post holder and compatible with the expectations of the post.
Cygnet Hospital Bury is 10 miles from Manchester City Centre. It is close to the M66, M62 and M60 motorways. There is free on-site parking for staff.
For more information about Cygnet Hospital Bury and its services, please visit the main Cygnet Health Care website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job