Our client is one of the UK’s leading award winning technical entertainment companies.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Personal Assistant to join the friendly, dynamic and results orientated team. The successful individual will possess a high level of accuracy, with impeccable written and verbal communication skills; furthermore a high level of organisation and autonomy is required for this role. Hours are Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 6:30pm.
- To act as the Business Manager's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Take and circulate notes at meetings and to provide general assistance during presentations
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the Business Manager.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations both for, and as an output from meetings
- Attending meetings and ensuring the Business Manager is well prepared for meetings; follow up agreed actions and communicate progress.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- Provision of cover for the Business Manager at meetings as appropriate.
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Responsibility for maintaining records relating to accounts and budgets;
- Taking on some of the Business Manager's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Deputising for the Business Manager, making decisions and delegating work to others in the Business Manager's absence.
- Being involved in decision-making processes.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation.
- Collation of information and paperwork in relation to Company Credit Card for Business Manager.
- Continuous improvement and review of existing processes to recommend changes for the Business Manager’s approval.
- Any other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Comply with all Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring the work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous PA or secretarial and administrative experience within a fast-paced customer facing environment.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner.
- GCSE or equivalent.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent and IT skills, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate knowledge of databases and information systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work for paid overtime to meet deadlines.
- Honesty and reliability.
Company Benefits Include:
- Free onsite parking.
- Cash Back Health Care Scheme provided by Health Shield.
- Private Healthcare provided by Bupa.
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory UK Bank Holidays).
- Pension Scheme provided by Scottish Widows.
- Discretionary annual company performance bonus.
- Use of the onsite company gym.
- Staff Further Education Scheme.
- Working with exceptional people and the latest technologies
- Client Services