Job Title: Personal Assistant / PA / Administrator
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 (DOE)
The client is a small firm of Chartered Certified Accountants based in Cambridgeshire with a satellite office in Kent. Employing 10 people, the company has been established for over 20 years and have ambitious growth plans. The company is looking for a Personal Assistant to provide top quality administrative support to the business, in particular to the company CEO.
The position is a full-time employee position, and will be primarily based at our office at Woolley, near Huntingdon, although there is scope for some home-working. Hours are typically 9am to 5.30pm, Monday-Friday, but are somewhat flexible, as this position is more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Occasionally, there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other event which happens a few times a year.
While repetitive tasks can certainly be part of what we do, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the needs of the business. The Personal Assistant needs to be someone who is flexible and willing to handle a variety of projects. The following tasks are a sampling of what is typically required on a regular basis:
- Email management
- Calendar management and scheduling meetings
- Project management
- Travel co-ordination
- Event planning
- Client management
- File archiving and organisation
- Book-keeping, paying suppliers and debt collection for the business
- Collating KPI information for management
- Office management
- Varying personal and professional tasks requested by the CEO
Mind-set and Personality:
- Self-starter and self-manager: We are looking for someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets things done to a high quality and on time.
- Responsive: We are committed to a high level of responsiveness both inside our business and with our clients.
- Goal-oriented: We are a results-driven company. We are looking for someone who gets excited about reaching and exceeding goals.
- Committed to excellence: In everything we do, we want to exceed expectations, and reflect positively on the brand.
- Positive attitude: Our ideal candidate has a can-do spirit, is fun to be around, does not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- Professional appearance and demeanour: Our audience and those we work with experience our brand in 3D through our team members. We strive to present ourselves in such a way as to reflect well on our brand.
- Grace and poise under pressure: In a high-growth business, things are always changing, and there are times when things get intense. We pride ourselves on being able to function at a high level even when things get busy by working together as a team and communicating effectively.
- Servant-hearted leadership: The PA must be able to run point on large projects, and communicate effectively with our team, but also have no problem jumping in and getting his/her hands dirty to reach the goal.
Skills and Abilities:
- Education: Relevant degree would be useful.
- Communication: The PA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Organization: Our PA needs to be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Discretion: Since our PA will occasionally be working with high-profile individuals, discretion and sensitivity regarding confidential information is a must.
- Trustworthy: The PA will have access to company bank accounts and credit cards to make business and personal purchases and pay employees/suppliers.
- Team Work: Our support team works together cooperatively to provide the highest quality support to the business. The unity, camaraderie and culture of the team is something that's very important to us. Therefore, we're looking for someone who is a good fit with our other team members, and who is comfortable sharing projects and responsibilities with others.
- Anticipate Needs: As a part of our commitment to excellence, our team always strives to anticipate and serve the needs of clients in advance whenever possible. The right PA will have foresight and the ability to anticipate needs before they arise.
The client is looking for candidates who are Technologically Proficient: We are enthusiastic adopters of technology and, whilst training will be provided, experience of packages including but not restricted to Office 365, Xero, WordPress, Asana, Slack, Evernote, Box etc. would be useful. More importantly, the ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is an absolute must in any candidate for the role. Knowledge of Apple products/software would also be useful.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Receptionist, PA, Personal Assistant, Secretary, Office Secretary, Office Admin, Personal Administrator may also be considered for this role.
- Personal Assistant
- Office Admin
- Office Secretary
- Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Receptionist
- Personal Administrator may also be considered for this role.