Sugarman are currently seeking a Personal Assistant/Carer to provide essential care and support to a male client with complex health needs in the Poole area. We have 1 full time and 1 part time contract available
You would become an essential part of the existing Sugarman care team in this fulfilling role and carry out person-centred care. You will have access to mandatory and clinical training and 24 hour support. You will be working alongside a registered nurse.
It is a must that you have worked in a similar job supporting an adult with complex care needs in their own home.
Previous experience in supporting those who have a spinal injury, tracheotomy, ventilator, peg feed, catheter and other clinical needs is essential.
Full theory and practical training will be provided by Sugarman to ensure you have the correct skills for the role, this will give you the opportunity to learn new skills and develop in your career.
The shift patterns are:
7am-7pm Days Monday to Sunday
7pm-7am Nights Monday to Sunday
(This is a rolling monthly rota)
- Guaranteed contracted hours
- Weekly pay
- Holiday, Mat/Pat Leave and Sick Pay
- Free Mandatory and Clinical training
- The Reward Cord is available for Sugarman employees
Requirements of the role
- Staff have a positive and solution-oriented attitude
- Staff are respectful and maintain professional boundaries
- Staff have appropriate knowledge and skills to respond to his needs as well as anticipating changes in his status and have the ability to act.
- Effective communicators who also respect the need for peace and quiet at times.
- Staff are flexible punctual, resourceful and professional
- Staff do not take offence when they are asked to do something which is with the remit of their roles but is commensurate with their terms of employment
- Staff who will go above and beyond
- Staff who will respect his beliefs and values and instil a team approach
- Staff who embrace the goals he wants to achieve
To apply for this role you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months previous paid experience working with complex clients
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A full driving license and access to a car
- A clean DBS
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Personal Assistant
- Community Care