At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, groundbreaking and cutting-edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
The Oncology Research and Development therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled! We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best! We seek out opportunities to do dynamic meaningful work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of creating life changing medicine.
The Oncology Research and Development unit has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
This position will report directly to the Senior Administrative Coordinator and will provide the highest level of administrative support to the UK based team members within the Strategy organization, in Research and Development (R&D).
The Personal Assistant and Administrator is pro-active, creative and collaborative, adding value by working with the other administrators in ensuring the team they support can focus on bringing lifesaving medicines to patients.
The Personal Assistant and Administrator coordinates internal and external meetings, so they run smoothly, including scheduling meeting times, making travel arrangements for attendees, and ensuring that various meeting amenities are available. Able to set up meetings & teleconference calls using various types of technology, as well as handle the schedule, appointments, travel arrangements and expenses for the R&D Oncology Strategy UK based team. This role has a high job complexity and one ought to have a high level of independence to meet requirements outlined above with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Broad administrative and personal assistant experience
- Experience of working within a complex global organisation
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced PC skills and ability, including Microsoft office and other industry applications, e.g. SharePoint, BOX and Microsoft Teams
- With an eye for detail, manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Forward-looking, results-oriented, focused/proactive problem solver
- Works well independently, as well as in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexible with a 'can-do' attitude
- Keen understanding of professional and diplomatic interpersonal skills
- Possesses general knowledge of working globally within a variety of cultures
- Proficiency with Outlook to manage busy calendars, schedule meetings, conference calls, and special events - including exercising discretion as to priority and decision-making responsibility
- Plan full logistics of team off-site events and town hall meetings within budget - including direct vendor contact, negotiations and setting up of contracts
- Able to set up meetings & teleconference calls using various types of technology, including: telepresence, video conferencing, teleconference, WebEx, Skype, etc., both domestically & internationally
- Arrange multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements
- Process expense reports and track travel and entertainment expenses with accuracy and efficiency
- Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, PowerPoint projects, and Excel reports
- Prepare meeting agendas, presentation and read-ahead materials and minutes
- Assist with purchase requisitions - gathering necessary information and documents to ensure smooth approval processes
- Handles confidential information and maintains the security of the manager's records and files
- Effectively manage special projects and other duties as assigned
- Performs other administrative tasks using independent judgement and discretion
- Plans and schedules own workload so that all activities are completed accurately and on time
- Accurately transcribes, types, formats and proofreads a wide variety of material (for example: correspondences, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches and presentations) using Microsoft Office applications
- Facilitates smooth communications between the manager and other executives, managers, vice presidents, direct reports and employees; and between the manager and external parties such as suppliers, customers, and the public
- Acts as part of a wider support Administrative team working together to share best practices, support and resolving problems
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'