Main purpose of the job:
• To assist young people leaving care following their 18th birthday, to make a successful transition to independent adulthood by ensuring the Pathway Planning process is used.
• To act as the young persons principle source of contact in matters related to their Pathway Plan
• To take responsibility for the maintenance and reviewing of Pathway Plans
• To agree with young people and the local authority revisions to Pathway Plans, including expenditure
• To monitor progress through direct contact with the young person and the agencies and individuals delivering services.
• To reduce the number of care leavers who are not in education, employment or training. (NEET), by identifying their EET interest , supporting them in accessing appropriate courses , monitoring their attendance and promoting care leavers accessing work experience, traineeships and apprenticeships within the council
• To ensure services are coordinated and young people are making us of them.
• To keep informed about a young persons progress and well-being
• To keep written records
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Convene and participate in the preparation and reviewing of Pathway Plans
• Liase with statutory and voluntary agencies and individuals who are involved in the provision of services.
• Identify shortfalls in service provision and advocate on behalf of clients
• Keep in touch at least four times a year.
• Provide advice and support, including negotiation on behalf of clients.
• Provide independence and life skills training to individuals.
• Hold a controlled caseload of clients 18+, who have complex needs.
• To participate in the delivery of the Team’s drop in service.
• Monitor the provision of Pathway Plans to all clients and report shortfalls to team manager.
• Monitor the effectiveness of Pathway Plans to all clients and report shortfalls to team manager.
• Keep written records of all casework and Pathway Planning activities.
• Update client contact information held in the team.
• Maintain a register and forward planning system for Pathway Plans.
• Provide management information on Pathway Plans as required.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business