Personal Adviser- Leaving Care
£16.63 per hour Umbrella PAYE
South East London
Purpose of Job
• To manage and support an allocated caseload of young people aged 16 and above, who are eligible for leaving care services, having key responsibility to ensure the provision and co-ordination of practical, personal, emotional, social and financial advice, to enable care leavers to achieve a successful transition to adulthood and promote their independence.
• To develop an effective working relationship with young people eligible for leaving care services in order to motivate and effectively support them to engage in education, training and employment, and to ensure they effectively handle their finances, live in suitable housing, and have the necessary emotional resilience and skills for independence.
• To be the key professional to the allocated young people, providing practical help and guidance which promotes the safety and well-being of care leavers.
• To undertake these duties in accordance with statutory requirements, particularly The Children Act 1989 Guidance and Regulations, The Care Leavers (England) Regulations 2010 and Planning Transition for Adulthood for Care Leavers 2011, as well as departmental policies and procedures
- Proven experience of working directly with vulnerable young people at risk of not making an effective transition to adulthood.
- Experience of working with other agencies such as housing and benefits agencies in order to plan and provide services to children and young people.
- An understanding of the needs and circumstances of looked after children and care leavers, and the additional challenges they face in making a successful transition to adulthood.
- A good working knowledge of benefits, training/employment, housing, health and youth justice issues affecting young people.
- Knowledge of the relevant legal and regulatory framework relating to care leavers, including the functions of the personal advisor and the revised statutory regulations relating to leaving care.
- Understanding of the legal framework of rights and responsibilities given to young people and of the professional codes relating to confidentiality.
- Knowledge of local procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
Please note Brampton group can only offer an Umbrella Rate for this position
- Financial Advice
- Young People