Experienced multi drop Transit Van Drivers required for permanent employment with our client, a leading global logistics company based in West Thurrock.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join an innovative and award winning Food Services Team delivering fresh goods to stores.
The ideal candidate will provide a first class professional service delivery service whilst ensuring that customer satisfaction is the highest of priorities. To ensure that all products are delivered within temperature regime and agreed timescales.
All duties to be completed in accordance with transport legislation and working time directive in a safe and professional manner.
- Regional Multi drop deliveries to outlets
- Operating a dual temperature controlled vehicle complying with food safety standards and transport legislation
- Complying with all relevant legislation and agreed procedures to ensure a safe and legal working environment and consistent quality standards
- Maintaining and promote a positive image
- Making use of the bespoke Microlise tracking system to optimise fuel usage and maintain safe driving behaviours in accordance with K&N standards.
- Using the bespoke Microlise hand held POD equipment accurately to ensure proper recording of customer deliveries and your daily activities.
- Responsible for the security of the vehicle & load at all times
- Ensure that all delivery and returns procedures are followed in line with Company and Customer guidelines
- Ensure all Company equipment is maintained, utilised and returned as required within operational processes to the transport office/depot daily.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Food Hygiene requirements are met within Company and legal frameworks.
- Daily vehicle checks and reporting of vehicle defects and ensure that the defect is documented
- Comply with Driver’s regulations & Working Time Directive in line with the O license legalisation and Company procedures?
- In addition to these duties, you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business, where appropriate training is provided.
- Comply with Food Safety Regulations and NSF standards
For this role the ideal candidate:
- Must hold a current class B1 driving licence
- No more than 6 points on licence
- Basic numeracy and conversational English language
- At least 1 year driving experience - preferably 2 years, ideally with previous delivery experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to use initiative, organise own workload.
- Customer Service skills
- Team Worker
- Flexible around depot workloads
- Knowledge of the transport legislation and European Working Time Directive
Please apply today.
- Customer Satisfaction
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job