Permanent Technical Support Engineer based in Ely
Hours: Full- time
A Technical Support Engineer is required to join a successful and growing company based in Ely. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is forward-thinking when using a variety of technical systems, has excellent communication and is very customer orientated. You will be working closely with the engineering and global technical support teams to ensure that you are providing the best assistance to all UK customers. Moreover, your knowledge and experience will be used to influence the identifying and developing of new products.
This company will provide full training (including training in offices abroad), possible international travel to trade shows and a varied work environment that provides hands-on experimental work with extensive communication with nationwide and global customers.
If you pride yourself on your customer service and are technically savvy when using a variety of systems, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Work closely with local Engineering and global Technical Support teams to provide front-line support via phone and email
- Communicate with customers to understand their application and to help identify solutions
- Provide support to other sites regarding products manufactured in UK offices
- Assist with the development of new products by providing feedback on concepts from a customer's perspective as well as testing and reporting performance and non-conformance
- Identify new product opportunities through customer conversations
- Assist with building product demos for tradeshows and replication of customer set ups for troubleshooting and training
- Occasionally attend domestic and international tradeshows as well as participate in customer visits
- Master's degree or equivalent industry experience in Physics or Life Science discipline is highly desirable
- Experience with optical fibre, optics, electronics and lasers
- Excellent telephone manner and communication online
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Computer literate
- Team player
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.