Highly respected manufacturer based in Falmouth, Cornwall are looking to recruit 2 x permanent Production Operatives to work in their Clean Room environment.
The role will suit someone with good dexterity and ideally with winding/clean room experience
Overall Purpose of Job:
Convert incoming raw material into tubing of the required quality, in accordance with laid down operating procedures. This involves all aspects of the process from incoming material handling through the milling operation and extrusion process o packing ready for transfer to the dispatch area. Flexibility with work break timing is expected to tie in with the requirements of production runs. Care and basic maintenance of the environment and machinery is also expected.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle and check the quality of incoming raw materials
- Maintain the rotation of raw material stocks in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Freshening and milling raw material to prepare for extrusion.
- Prepare, set up and run the extrusion lines in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Carry out in process quality checks to ensure tubing is being produced to specification.
- Set up and operate the post cure oven in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Cut, coil, pack and label the finished product.
- Clean and maintain the extruders, tooling and ancillary equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness and integrity of the clean room, operating under agreed clean room procedures.
- Maintain records of all production to ensure product and process traceability.
- Monitor the condition of the equipment and clean room services and report any defects.
- Carry out other duties associated with tubing production, including, but not limited to:
- o Manufacture of tubing elements
- o Assisting in process and product development work
- o Assisting in the development of a continuous improvement programme for processes and materials
- Clean Rooms