Permanent Design Director
Salary: Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Design Director to join an exciting gaming company within London. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Creative Director and will be responsible for delivering high quality design to all parts of the game. The Design Director will oversee all aspects of Game Design.
The successful candidate must have been a Design Director on at least 2 successfully published game titles and 10 years experience in game design for AAA titles.
Your duties will include:
- Working closely with the Creative Director to generate the vision for the game
- Driving all aspects of the creation of design, planning, review, scripting, problem solving and delivery
- Acting as the main point of contact for day-to-day game design queries
- Ensuring all designs service both gameplay and artwork
- Collaborating with the Production team and other Leads in order to define and drive the design
- Being a role model for all team members and emphasizing project and company goals
- Mentoring and training designers, providing feedback on performance throughout
- Ensuring that all design development supports the core design guides
- Collaborating with the Marketing and PR teams in order to be a public spokesperson for design
- Working with the production team to create schedules for the level development and outsourcing groups
- Creating and troubleshooting construction pipelines with other team members
- Contributing innovative, original and unique idea towards all aspect's of the game's development and productions
- Creating a positive, forward-focused environment that identifies and prioritises issues for solutions
- Working with other departments to facilitate the execution of projects
The successful candidate should have:
- Shipped 2 game titles as a Game Director/Design Director and have been involved from conception to publication
- 10 years game design experience for AAA titles
- Expertise in setting design vision
- Strong passion for gaming
- The ability to present and build design documentation
- A passion for personally creating high quality design and ensuring the best possible game development
- The ability to communicate, present and sell to all game development functions including the development team, publisher and press
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is willing to be as hands on as required and can inspire, manage, motivate and mentor other designers.
To apply for this role, or to find out about other technology jobs, please contact Tim Christie on the Reading Digital Recruitment team on or .
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.