This leading company and brilliantly exciting place to work are currently hiring 2 lucky engineers to join their engineering ISP teams . 1 person with a minimum of 1-2 + years commercial experience - another with a minimum of 3-4 +
The team works in a fast paced, multi-disciplined technology environment.
From designing and building applications to service implementation and automation, the job is varied and engaging.
They work in the Linux environment and make use of open source applications and libraries.
They develop in a multitude of different programming/scripting languages to bring a project to fruition.
They are always looking at better ways of doing things and if you think you can add to ISP, we would really like to hear from you.
Overview of Engineering
The Engineering division owns and manages the companies network backbone and all associated information systems infrastructure and projects. The engineering department is responsible for service delivery and development of the core ISP services, as well as network and data centre solutions.
- * Develop applications for the Internet Service Platform
- * Develop software to automatically test applications and services
- * Write and maintain documentation about the applications and services
- * Take industry-standard open source technologies, install and configure them and develop APIs for other applications to access them as a service
- * Write software that interacts directly with vendor devices/systems, understanding behaviour in order to incorporate it into a working system
- * Provide 3rd / 4th line support to the Operations department for systems which have been deployed.
- * Develop, maintain and enhance automaton tools for service deployment, service patching and service security.
Use tact and diplomacy to help analyse and prioritise competing requirements
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting programming language (e.g. Perl or Python).
- Experience of developing and maintaining shell scripts (e.g. bash scripts).
- Working knowledge of at least one Linux distribution.
- Ability to grasp application protocols knowledge used in ISP (i.e. HTTP, DNS, NTP and RADIUS)